The printer is on the network for Kinesiology students to use. You will have to add this printer <KINE-STU> to your printer network when prompted. There are easy to follow directions below for adding a printer to either Windows, Mac or Linux operating systems.
User Manual: HP LaserJet Pro M402dn
Here are some easy to follow directions for installing this printer and others on campus:
Adding a Network Printer - Windows 7, 8, 10
- Windows 7
- Click the Windows button
- Without clicking anything else, type \\printers.acadiau.ca, hit enter.
- Windows 8
- Click the Windows button
- In your search bar type \\printers.acadiau.ca, hit enter.
- Windows 10
- In Cortana search type \\printers.acadiau.ca, hit enter.
- Type acadia\username in the username field
- If you do not use acadia\ in front of your username (noting the direction of the slash), it will not work.
- Type your password in the password field
- Find the printer you are looking to add:
- lib-laser located in the Vaughan Library
- ts-laser located in Technology Services
- ts-colour also located in Technology Services
- Double-click on the printer
- A dialog box may pop-up and ask you to Install the driver, click Install Driver
- Depending on your security settings it may ask you to continue, press continue if prompted
Adding a Network Printer - Mac OS XThis method requires Mac OS X 10.7 or above
First download and install the necessary printer drivers:
***If you do not install the drivers before adding the printer it will not work!***
- Open the Apple menu in the top left
- Click on System Preferences
- Click on “Printers & Scanners”, "Printers", or “Print and Fax”
- Click on the plus (+) to add a printer
- If the Advanced button is not on the toolbar, then do the following
- Two-finger click (right click) the Toolbar at the top
- Select Customize Toolbar
- Drag Advanced button onto the Toolbar and click Done
- Select Advanced on the toolbar and wait for “Type” to fill in
- Change Type to Windows
- In the URL field type (replacing 'printername' with the proper name for the printer you are installing):
- Common “printername” options:
- lib-laser (Use this one for KINE-STU) and the ones located in the Vaughan Library (uses the 'HP LaserJet 600 M601 M602 M603' software)
- ts-laser located in Technology Services (uses the 'Ricoh MP C4503 PS' software)
- ts-colour also located in Technology Services (uses the 'Ricoh MP C4503 PS' software)
- In the Name field, type the “printername” again.
- Leave the Location field blank.
- In the Print Using field, change to "Select Printer Software…" and search for the printer’s manufacturer and model number. (See above for printer models)
- Select the driver and click OK
- Click the Add button to add the selected printer, then click OK on the next window if one opens
Please note: The first time you attempt to print you be will asked for your username and network password.
|The first time you attempt to print it may ask for your network password again. Ensure you enter regular username.
Adding a Network Printer - Linux
Add Print Credit
- Click on the link below to check or add your print credit. Enter an amount between $5.00 and $40.00. After confirming the amount your print credit will be ready to use. Open Print Credit Manager