Did you know?
- Ned practices/studies Krav Maga (with Alain Cohen and Eyal Yanilov).
- He designed and built a Self Powered Battery Checker (battery under test is the power supply) for a friend Canadian Forces Captain John Thompson (retired) who is an avid RC boat/plane enthusiast.
- Ned (with a musician friend) designed and built a performance rated wireless transmitter/receiver for guitar. This was a required research project for EETG completion.
- Ned worked for Nova Scotia Power, one of the safest utilities in Canada.
- Ned tested, modified, and prototyped projects for Engineered Support Systems, Inc and DRS Technologies in their high/low voltage and digital labs.
- He system hardened (installed, troubleshot and serviced) Eastlink's fibre optic network upgrades for the Annapolis Valley in 2006.
- Ned worked in a lab that calibrated, serviced and repaired military/medical/commercial electrical/electronic devices that ranged in age from 1960 aircraft components to modern day night vision goggles/military systems.
- During his time at Pivotal Power Ned was on a design team that modified a HMMWV (Hummer) to a Chemically and Biologically Protected Shelter with a hydrogen fuel cell power plant and power plants for helicopters/mobile bases.
- Ned was a tutor for 1st and 2nd year engineering students.
- Ned enjoys cycling (competed in trail races), rock climbing, martial arts, windsurfing, kite surfing (brother in UAE is teaching him), soccer, hockey, hiking and snowboarding.
- Personal interest in alternative energy drove Ned to design and build a sun tracking solar powered system. Presently, he is designing a multi port solar charger.