Office: AAC 381
- Applied Human Anatomy
- Biomechanics 1
- Biomechanics 2
- Biomechanics and neuromuscular control strategies of sporting maneuvers
- Injury prevention, specifically non-contact anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries in sport
- Knee osteoarthritis (OA) progression through gait analysis
- Sex bias associated with ACL injuries and knee OA progression
- Industry based research collaborations (e.g. adidas), evaluating new footwear products to help enhance performance and comfort, and minimize risk of injury in athletes
- Assistant Coach for Acadia University Women's Soccer Team
- Organizing Committee for John MacIntyre Memorial Annual Golf Tournament
- Co-Chair for 2018 Biennial Meeting of the Canadian Society for Biomechanics (CSB) in Halifax NS
- Trustee for Pictou Academy Education Foundation (PAEF) and Chair of Bursary Committee
- Community Board Member and Secretary for Wolfville Children’s Centre
- Del Bel M, Jones M, Fairfax A, Steele K, Landry S (Journal of Electromyography and Kinesiology. 2017 July) Effect of leg dominance and sex on neuromuscular control patterns in children performing unanticipated side-cuts. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jelekin.2017.07.005
- Amiri P, Hubley-Kozey C, Landry S, Stanish W, Astephen Wilson J. (Journal of Electromyography and Kinesiology. 2015 Dec; 25(6): 951-8) Obesity is associated with prolonged activity of the quadriceps and gastrocnemii muscles during gait. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jelekin.2015.10.007
- Landry S, Nigg B, Tecante K. (Footwear Science. 2012 June; 4(2): 101-14) Walking in an unstable Masai Barefoot Technology (MBT) shoe introduces kinematic and kinetic changes at the hip, knee and ankle prior to and after a six week accommodation period: A comprehensive analysis using Principal Component Analysis (PCA). http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/19424280.2012.684448
- Landry S, McKean K, Hubley-Kozey C, Stanish W, Deluzio K. (Journal of Electromyography and Kinesiology. 2009 Oct; 19(5):e370-9, Epub 2008 Oct 19) Gender differences exist in neuromuscular control patterns during the pre-contact and early stance phase of an unanticipated side-cut and cross-cut maneuver in 15-18 years old adolescent soccer players. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jelekin.2008.08.004
- Landry S, McKean K, Hubley-Kozey C, Stanish W, Deluzio K. (American Journal of Sports Medicine. 2007 Nov; 35(11):1888-900) Neuromuscular and lower limb biomechanical differences exist between male and female elite adolescent soccer players during an unanticipated side-cut maneuver. https://doi.org/10.1177/0363546507300823
- Davis EM, Landry S, Ikeda D, Stanish WD, Hubley-Kozey CL, Astephen Wilson J. (2017) Changes in gait kinetics precede structural changes in individuals with moderate knee osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis Research Society International World Congress, Las Vegas, USA.
- Melanson B, Ross K, Landry S. (2017) Sex and leg dominance effects on neuromuscular control patterns and lower body biomechanics during single leg jump landings of post-pubescent athletes: Relevance to non-contact ACL injury. Atlantic Provinces Exercise Scientists (APES) Meeting, Charlottetown, Prince Edwards Island, Canada.
- Steeves D, Thornley L, Goreham J, Landry S, Fowles J. (2016) Isometric force generating differences between left and right side in a simulated kayak stroke. 11th Annual SPIN (Sport Innovation) Summit, Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
- DeAdder N, Kivell M, Landry S. (2016) Physimax: Real-time movement analysis – A viable clinical assessment tool for professional sports teams to mitigate injury? 19th Biennial Conference of Canadian Society of Biomechanics, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
- Astephen J, Ikeda D, Landry S, Stanish W, Hubley-Kozey C. (2015) A three-year longitudinal study of biomechanical alterations in knee osteoarthritis and asymptomatic controls. 25th Congress of International Society of Biomechanics, Glasgow, Scotland.