Athletic Therapy Practicum Coordinator
Office: AAC 481
-Sabbatical (July 1, 2022 - December 31, 2022)
-Assessment and Rehabilitation Axial Skeleton
-Human Anatomy 2
- Neuromuscular and biomechanical factors contributing to injury prevention across the lifespan
- Sex differences in muscle activation and joint stability
- Trunk and neck muscle strength and postural stability
- Concussion risk factors, assessment and rehabilitation
- Acadia Kinesiology Student Society – Faculty Representative
- Lattimer, L. J., Lanovaz, J. L., Farthing, J. P., Madill, S., Kim, S. Y., Robinovitch, S., & Arnold, C. M. (2018). Biomechanical and physiological age differences in a simulated forward fall on outstretched hands in women. Clinical Biomechanics, 52, 102-108. doi:10.1016/j.clinbiomech.2018.01.018
- Arnold CM, Walker Johnston J.,Lanovaz J., Lattimer LJ. Does Fall Arrest Strategy Training (FAST) Added to a Fall Prevention Program Improve Balance, Strength and Agility in Older Women?- A Pilot Study. Physiotherapy Canada. 2017;69(4):323-332. doi: 10.3138/ptc.2016-27EP
- Lattimer LJ, Lanovaz JL, Farthing JP, Madill S, Kim S, Robinovitch S, Arnold CM. Female Age Related Differences in Biomechanics and Muscle Activity during Descents on the Outstretched Arms. Accepted Journal of Physical Activity and Aging. 2017 Jul;25(3):474-481. doi: 10.1123/japa.2016-0102. Epub 2017 Jun 28.
- Lattimer, L. J., Lanovaz, J. L., Farthing, J. P., Madill, S., Kim, S., & Arnold, C. (2016). Upper Limb and Trunk Muscle Activation during an Unexpected Descent on the Outstretched Hands in Young and Older Women. Journal of Electromyography & Kinesiology, 30, 231-237. doi:10.1016/j.jelekin.2016.08.001
- Racine Hallin EC , Delehanty KRS, Landry SC, Lattimer LJ: Examination of Postural Control in Individuals with and without Concussion History across Static and Dynamic Dual Tasks. Poster Presentation, May 2022, World Federation of Athletic Training and Therapy Congress, Winnipeg MB.
- Cadle SA, Holland SM, Landry SC, Lattimer LJ. Neuromuscular fatigue of hip stabilizers and its influence on female knee kinetics and kinematics during dynamic tasks. Podium Presentation, October 2021, Canadian Athletic Therapists’ Association Writing and Research Presentations.
- Thompson BJ, MacDonald ML, Lattimer LJ. Implementation of a novel neuromuscular training intervention targeting clinical risk factors for sport related concussion in female athletes. Poster presentation, October 2021, Canadian Athletic Therapists’ Association Writing and Research Presentations.
- Klein C, Landry SC, Lattimer LJ. Sex differences in lower extremity kinematics during dynamic jump landing tasks following neuromuscular fatigue of the hip extensors and knee flexors. Poster presentation, June 2020, Canadian Athletic Therapists’ Association Conference in Hamilton, ON
- Ruppert A, Lattimer LJ. Cervical muscle strength and kinematics during an unanticipated perturbation in university aged male and female rugby athletes. Poster presentation, June 2020, Canadian Athletic Therapists’ Association Conference in Hamilton, ON.