Office: AAC 481
- Assessment of Athletic Injuries
- Athletic Therapy Practicum
- Senior Seminar
- Advanced Human Anatomy
- Neuromuscular and biomechanical factors contributing to injury prevention across the lifespan
- Gender differences in muscle activation and joint stability.
- Trunk and neck muscle strength and postural stability
- President of Atlantic Provinces Athletic Therapy Association
- Canadian Athletic Therapist Association Education committee- Continuing Education Liaison
- Canadian Athletic Therapist Association National Regional Structure Task force
- Acadia Kinesiology Student Society – Faculty Representative
- Lattimer, L. J., Lanovaz, J. L., Farthing, J. P., Madill, S., Kim, S. Y., Robinovitch, S., & Arnold, C. M. (2018). Biomechanical and physiological age differences in a simulated forward fall on outstretched hands in women. Clinical Biomechanics, 52, 102-108. doi:10.1016/j.clinbiomech.2018.01.018
- Arnold CM, Walker Johnston J.,Lanovaz J., Lattimer LJ. Does Fall Arrest Strategy Training (FAST) Added to a Fall Prevention Program Improve Balance, Strength and Agility in Older Women?- A Pilot Study. Physiotherapy Canada. 2017;69(4):323-332. doi: 10.3138/ptc.2016-27EP
- Lattimer LJ, Lanovaz JL, Farthing JP, Madill S, Kim S, Robinovitch S, Arnold CM. Female Age Related Differences in Biomechanics and Muscle Activity during Descents on the Outstretched Arms. Accepted Journal of Physical Activity and Aging. 2017 Jul;25(3):474-481. doi: 10.1123/japa.2016-0102. Epub 2017 Jun 28.
- Lattimer, L. J., Lanovaz, J. L., Farthing, J. P., Madill, S., Kim, S., & Arnold, C. (2016). Upper Limb and Trunk Muscle Activation during an Unexpected Descent on the Outstretched Hands in Young and Older Women. Journal of Electromyography & Kinesiology, 30, 231-237. doi:10.1016/j.jelekin.2016.08.001
- Lattimer LJ, Gage MJ, Demchak TJ, Dominguese DJ. Assessment of Muscle Activation Between Genders During a Drop Jump Task with and External Motivator [abstract]. Paper presented at: Canadian Athletic Therapy Annual Conference; May 2012; Quebec City, QC
- Spicer KF, Steinmann J, Posteraro A, King C, Lattimer L . Feasibility of a Low-Cost Electromyography Unit for Biofeedback Training of the Transverse Abdominus and Pelvic Floor Musculature in an Athletic Therapy Setting. poster presentation, 2019 Canadian Athletic Therapists’ Association Conference , Calgary, AB.
- A Comparison of Energy Absorbing Capacity During a Controlled Forward Descent on Outstretched Hands in Younger Women, Healthy Older Women and Pre-Frail Older Women. CA Arnold, JL Lanovaz, H Legg, LJ Lattimer. 46th Annual Scientific and Educational Meeting Canadian Association of Gerontology, Winnipeg, MB- Oral Presentation 2017
- “Differences between Younger and Older Women in Muscle Strength and Biomechanics During A Controlled Descent On Outstretched Arms” J Lattimer, JL Lanovaz, JP Farthing, S Kim, S Madill, S Robinovitch. 43rd Annual Scientific and Educational Meeting Canadian Association of Gerontology, Niagara Falls, ON- Poster Presentation – First Prize in the CIHR Doctoral Category
- “Assessment of Muscle Activity and Kinematics during a Controlled Descent on Outstretched Arms in Young Women J Lattimer, J.L Lanovaz, T.T Treen, C.M Arnold. 7th World Congress of Biomechanics, Boston, MA- Poster presentation 2014
- “Assessment of Muscle Activation and Kinematics during a Simulated Fall on Outstretched Arms – Implications for Fall Prevention Training Programs”J Lattimer, J.P Farthing, J.L Lanovaz, C.A Arnold. Saskatchewan Kinesiology and Exercise Science Association, University of Saskatchewan-Oral presentation 2014