Office: AAC 487.3
- Applied Human Physiology 1
- Exercise Science & Training Practicum
- Sabbatical (Jan. 1, 2023 - June 30, 2023)
- Neuromuscular Physiology
- Athletic Performance Testing & Training
- Exercise in Chronic Conditions
- Implementation of Physical Activity Guidelines into Practice
Volunteer for several professional organizations including Diabetes Canada, Heart & Stroke Foundation, Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology, Exercise is Medicine, ParticipACTION
Gives talks and volunteers for LifeCycle to promote active living in the community
- Pellerine. LP, DS Kimmerly, JR. Fowles, MW O’Brien. Calibrating the Physical Activity Vital Sign to Estimate Habitual Moderate-to-Vigorous Physical Activity More Accurately in Active Young Adults: A Cautionary Tale. J Measurement Physical Behaviour. 2022. 5(2): 103-110. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1123/jmpb.2021-0055
- AlSlaity A, B Suruliraj, O Oyebode, JR Fowles, D Steeves, and R. Orji. Mobile applications for Health and wellness: A Systematic Review. PACM on Human-Computer Interaction, 2022. 6 (171): 29 pages. https://doi.org/10.1145/3534525
- Keats MR, Grandy SA, Blanchard C, Fowles JR, Neyedli HF, Weeks AC, MacNeil MV. The Impact of Resistance Exercise on Muscle Mass in Glioblastoma in Survivors (RESIST): Protocol for a Randomized Controlled Trial. JMIR Res Protoc. 2022;11(4):e37709. doi: 10.2196/37709
- Oduntan A, Oyebode O, Beltran AH, Fowles JR, Orji, R. I Don’t Let Depression and Anxiety Drown Me…”: Identifying Factors Associated with Resilience Based on Journaling using Machine Learning and Thematic Analysis. Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics. 2022; 26 (7): 3397-3408. doi: 10.1109/JBHI.2022.3149862.
- Capozzi, LC, V Lun, TS Nagpal, J Tomisone, JR. Fowles. Physical Activity Rx: Development and Implementation of Physical Activity Prescription Learning Objectives for Canadian Medical School Curriculum. Can Med. Educ. Journal. 2022. 6: 8 pages. https://doi.org/10.36834/cmej.73767.
- State of Community Health in Atlantic Canada and the Role of Exercise and the YMCA. Virtual Presentation for the YMCA Atlantic CEO Network. July 13, 2022.
- A Holistic Approach to Physical Activity and Exercise. Virtual Webinar for Diabetes Canada Frontline Forum. April 14, 2022.
- Exercise in Medicine. Spring Education Event. Virtual Webinar for Can. Family Practice Nurses Association Canada. April 11, 2022.
- Integrating EIM into Health Care. Canadian Perspectives: A Provincial Research and Innovation Pilot to Integrate EIM into Health Systems Virtual presentation for American College of Sports Medicine 68th Annual Conference and World Expo for Exercise is Medicine. June 2, 2021.
- Adapting a Varsity Strength and Conditioning program in the COVID environment: Challenges and Opportunities. Presented with 2 others for Canadian Strength and Conditioning Association Virtual Conference. May 1st 2021.