Canada Research Chair
Office: AAC 482
Currently accepting Honour’s and Master’s students.
- Adapted physical activity
- Motor development
- Physical literacy
- Pediatric Exercise Science
- Bremer, E., Liska, T. M., Arbour-Nicitopoulos, K. P., Best, K. L., & Sweet, S. N. (2022). Examining long-term motivational and behavioral outcomes of two physical activity interventions. The Journal of Spinal Cord Medicine, DOI: 1080/10790268.2022.2033935
- Bremer, E., Martin Ginis, K.A., Bassett-Gunter, R.L., & Arbour-Nicitopoulos, K.P. (2020). Factors associated with participation in physical activity among Canadian school-aged children with autism spectrum disorder: An application of the International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 17, DOI: 10.3390/ijerph17165925
- Bremer, E., Graham, J.D., Heisz, J.J., & Cairney, J. (2020). Effect of acute exercise on prefrontal oxygenation and inhibitory control among male children with autism spectrum disorder: An exploratory study. Frontiers in Behavioral Neuroscience. DOI: 10.3389/fnbeh.2020.00084
- Bremer, E., & Cairney, J. (2019). Reliable and feasible fitness testing for children on the autism spectrum. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport. DOI: 1080/02701367.2019.1623367.
- Bremer, E., & Cairney, J. (2018). The interrelationship between motor coordination and adaptive behavior in children with autism spectrum disorder. Frontiers in Psychology. DOI: 3389/fpsyg.2018.02350
- Bremer, E., Matthews, N., & Seaman, R. (2022). Bringing S.M.I.L.E. home: A pilot feasibility study of an at-home adapted physical activity program. [Abstract]. Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology, 44(s13): Proceedings of the NASPSPA 2022 Annual Conference. DOI: 10.1123/jsep.2022-0071
- Bremer, E., Arbour-Nicitopoulos, K., Routhier, F., Best, K., Rocchi, M., Kairy, D., Borisoff, J., & Sweet, S. (2021). Long-term follow-up of two physical activity interventions among adults with spinal cord injury. [Abstract]. Annals of Behavioral Medicine, 55, S297.
- Bremer, E., Graham, J.D., Mitchell, D., & Cairney, J. (2019). The physical literacy for communities project: Year 1 findings and next steps. [Abstract]. Journal of Exercise, Movement, and Sport, 50(1): Proceedings of the SCAPSS 2018 Annual Conference.
- Bremer, E., Graham, J.D., & Cairney, J. (2019, May). Exploring the physical literacy construct in elementary school-aged children. Paper presented at the 4th biannual meeting of the International Physical Literacy Conference, Winnipeg, MB.
- Bremer, E., Graham, J.D., Mitchell, D., & Cairney, J. (2018, October). The physical literacy for communities project: Year 1 findings and next steps. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the Canadian Society for Psychomotor Learning and Sport Psychology, Toronto, ON.