Office: AAC 487.2
- Care & Prevention of Athletic Injuries
- Athletic Therapy Clinical Practicum
- Assessment & Rehabilitation of the Axial Skeleton and Pelvis
- Sabbatical for the Fall Semester
- Sport Injury Assessment and Rehabilitation
- Emergency Conditions
- Athletic Therapy Pedagogy
- Technology Integration in Sport Science Education
- Constructivist Teaching and Learning
- Supervision of Sport Injury Assessment and Management (SIAM) Students
- Former Member of Program Accreditation Committee for Canadian Athletic Therapists Association
- External Examiner for BSc in Sports Science at University of Technology, Jamaica
- Former President of Atlantic Provinces Athletic Therapists Association (current ex-officio on the Board)
King, C. D., & MacKinnon, G. (2020). Factors to consider when designing multimedia CBL tools in health professional programs. Journal of Cases on Information Technology, 22(1), 72-86.
King, C. D., & MacKinnon, G. (2019). Exploring technology integration in Canadian Athletic Therapy education. Canadian Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching & Learning, 10(3), 1-19.
King, C. D., & MacKinnon, G. (2019). Signature pedagogies in athletic therapy education. Athletic Training Education Journal, 14(4), 293-304.
King, C. D., Lawrence, L. A., & MacKinnon, G. R. (2014). Using multimedia technology in Jamaican athletic training education: A case-based learning approach. Journal of Applied Learning Technology, 4(2), 40-49.
King, C. (2014). Are Athletic Training educators ready for the digital age? Attempting to understand the connection between technology and pedagogy. In M. Searson & M. Ochoa (Eds.), Proceedings of Society For Information Technology and Teacher Education International Conference 2014 (pp.2329-2335). Chesapeake, VA: AACE
King, C. & MacKinnon, G. (2019). Multimedia Case-based Learning Sports Injury Assessment Educational Tool: Using TPACK principles to enhance athletic therapy education. In K. Graziano (Ed.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 2144-2149). Las Vegas, NV, United States: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE).
MacKinnon, G., Marsh-Roberts, T.A., Jones, Y., Williams, D., Hamilton-Dopwell, A. & King, C. (2019). Factors That Impact the Implementation of Virtual Literacy Coaching in the Eastern Caribbean. In K. Graziano (Ed.), Proceedings of Society for Information Technology & Teacher Education International Conference (pp. 1625-1633). Las Vegas, NV, United States: Association for the Advancement of Computing in Education (AACE).
King, C. (2017). Using Technology to Empower Teaching in Athletic Therapy Education. Invited Presentation at Dalhousie University Medical School (MEd Curriculum Studies for Health Interprofessionals), June 2017.
King, C. (2017). Un’TPACK”ing AT Education in Canada: An Exploration of an Innovative Case-Based Learning Approach. Poster Presentation at the Canadian Athletic Therapists Association Conference. Niagara Falls, Ontario.
King, C. (2014). A Sports Injury Case Study Model: Capitalizing on Virtual Reality Technology. Poster Presentation at the Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education International Conference. Jacksonville, Florida.